India is home to a thriving startup ecosystem which has grown to be the third-biggest in the world. BCIC - National Startups Awards IN INDIA also known as Emerging Stars Startup Awards in India is an upcoming business award that aims to recognise and award exceptional startups across various categories that are providing innovative solutions to solve real problems and challenges for India, building innovative products/solutions, scalable enterprises, with high potential of employment generation.
Why apply for the award?
- 1. Get Ahead: Receive recognition and validation from industry leaders
- 2. Get Known: Attain extensive exposure and publicity through PR and media coverage
- 3. Get Traction: Gain business opportunities through networking and interaction
- 4. Get Funding: Pitch to potential investors and financial backers
- 5. Get Rewarded: Opportunities to win valuable prizes, feedback and mentorship from leading experts
- Nomination (standing cum excellence in product, market, business, any other parameter)
- Jury round
- Awards ceremony
Categories of Awards
1. Promising and commercially successful
2. Promising, novel start up
3. Commercially successful
4. Jurys choice - commercially successful
5. Social enterprise
How will the applications be made - Online
Round 1: nomination (Jan 27th 2020 - Mar 8th 2020)
Shortlist: (second week Apr 2020)
Round 2: Jury round - before end Nov 2020
Awards - Jan 22nd 2021
How will we communicate the results to the winners?
Over personalised letter / mail
What will be the agenda for the awards function?
Live programmes, talk by Chief Guest, followed by awards function
What will the winners receive
- 1. Cash Awards to winners and runners up.
- 2. A certificate and a memento, winner and runners up in each category.
- 3. Trophy, memento + other opportunities like mentoring, funding , acceleration programme by notable external partner/s.
The Final (Jury) round - will be drawn from Bureaucrats, Academicians, Start up entrepreneurs, Industry cum sectoral experts, Venture capitalists , Entrepreneurs , Professionals , Thought leaders , Industry bigwigs, etc
- 1. Applications are invited from Innovative Product companies from non members and members of BCIC with eligibility criteria as listed below.
- 2. Awards programme is open to one and all based in Karnataka.
- 3. Entry fee: NIL
- 4. Companies will be shortlisted based on their Product, Market, Business, Vertical and Technology excellences.
- 5. The shortlisted companies will present to a select panel of experts from the Industry (Jury) on or before May 9th 2020.
- 6. Based on Jury rating, the winners shall be selected for the year 2020.
- 7. All awardees will be showcased at the Awards function, covered in media and BCIC website with their detailed profiling.
- 8. Discounted membership of an industry body of repute of the standing of BCIC for one year.
- 9. Acceptance of nomination is at the discretion of BCIC.
- 10. The final results of the Jury cannot be challenged.
- 11. Declarations found to be false will disqualify a nominee and his firm.